Please note that Lithium-ion batteries, if misused,damaged or defective, can leak, cause fires, or explode.
For your own safety, please read these instructions and warnings before using or charging any Lithium-ion battery.
- Use only high quality chargers specifically designed for Li-ion / Lithium rechargeable batteries.
- DO NOT Disassemble or mistread the battery, it may catch fire or explode !
- Do NOT use the battery if the WRAP is broken / torn !
- Charge fully before first use.
- A Lithium-ion battery should NEVER be discharged below 2.7V some models 2.5V.
- NEVER exceed a battery’s maximum continuous discharge rating.
- DO NOT short-circuit the battery, keep it away from loose change and metal objects.
- DO NOT use a battery if there is abnormal smell, heat, deformities, or discoloration.
- DO NOT crush, hit, impact or disassemble a battery.
- DO NOT dispose of in fire, near fire or high temperature.(more than 60℃/140
- DO NOT expose to water or any other liquids !
- Should the electrolyte liquid from inside of the cell get into your eyes, wash eyes with clean water immediately and seek medical advice.
These batteries are for use in a torches, headlamps, laser pointers and other such devices. They are NOT suitable for use in vaping/electronic cigarette devices.
Samsung SDI : Important Safety Information
Charging, Use, and Handling of Small-Sized Lithium-Ion Batteries
The Samsung SDI production process prioritizes product safety and ensures the highest product quality.
While cylindrical Lithium-Ion Batteries may appear similar to other types of batteries, the higher energy density in combination with flammable organic electrolyte, rather than traditional aqueous electrolyte, may pose an increased risk of harm if not handled properly as compared to other battery chemistries.
Samsung SDI is not liable for death, serious injury, or property damage related to the charging, use, and handling of Lithium-Ion Batteries inconsistent with the safety procedures and practices below.
Illegal Distribution Risk of Single Cell
Lithium-ion batteries store a lot of energy.
Misuse can cause fires or explosions, which can lead to serious personal and material accidents.
STOP CHARGING immediately:
If you see smoke, see leaking fluid or smell foul odors;
If the battery or battery pack is bulging, deformed or discolored; or
If hot to the touch.
Place Lithium-Ion Batteries and charger on a concrete floor outdoors, away from the house and any other flammable materials. DO NOT reuse the batteries, and make sure the batteries are properly disposed. See “Proper Disposal” section.
1. ALWAYS refer to your device instruction manual or the charger instruction manual that came with your device for proper charging instructions.
Retain the original product literature that came with your device and its charger for future reference.
2. ONLY use the proper charger specifically designed for your Lithium-Ion Batteries or Battery Packs.
A charger that is suitable for a certain type of battery pack could increase the risk of fire when used with another type of battery pack. Safeguards in both Lithium-Ion Battery Packs and Lithium-Ion Battery chargers may prevent short-circuiting, overcharging, and overheating that could result in fire and explosion.
Lithium-Ion Batteries must be charged with constant current/constant voltage (CC/CV).
The charge current must be lower than the maximum charge current Samsung SDI specified for your battery.
The charge voltage must be lower than the maximum charge voltage specified by Samsung SDI for your battery.
3. Consumers or end-users should only charge Lithium-Ion Battery Packs using dedicated chargers supplied with their device.
Protection circuitry incorporated in both the Lithium-Ion Battery Packs and their dedicated chargers is essential to prevent short circuits, overcharging, and overheating that can result in battery venting, fire, and explosion.
4. DO NOT charge individual, cylindrical Lithium-Ion Batteries if you are a consumer or end-user.
If Lithium-Ion Batteries are charged individually, ALWAYS correctly align the plus (+) and minus (–) terminals. ALWAYS insert batteries into the charger in the proper orientation.
Individual Lithium-Ion Batteries cannot offer the same level of protection as Lithium-Ion Battery Packs.
5. ALWAYS monitor Lithium-Ion Batteries and Battery Packs while charging.
Adult supervision required. Proper monitoring may prevent short circuits, overcharging, and overheating that can result in battery venting, fire, and explosion.
6. CHARGE indoors at room temperature.
If the temperature is too high or too low, your batteries may be damaged. If the humidity is too high, your batteries may be damaged.
7. DO NOT place charger and Lithium-Ion Batteries or Battery Packs under your pillow, on your bed, or on your couch.
8. DO NOT leave Lithium-Ion Batteries or Battery Packs on the charger for prolonged periods of time.
DO NOT overcharge Lithium-Ion Batteries. Lithium-Ion Batteries and Battery Packs should not be charged overnight.
Your charger may possibly shut down after a period of time. See your charger manual for additional information.
IMPORTANT SAFETY WARNING
STOP USING REPLACEABLE AND RECHARGEABLE LITHIUM-ION BATTERY CELLS (HEREINAFTER REFERRED TO AS “RLIBC”) MANUFACTURED BY SAMSUNG SDI IN YOUR VAPE OR E-CIGARETTE DEVICE!
SAMSUNG SDI’S RLIBC ARE NOT INTENDED FOR ANY USE BY INDIVIDUAL CONSUMERS. SUCH USE CAN RESULT IN FIRE OR EXPLOSION, WHICH CAN CAUSE SERIOUS INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE.
1. Samsung SDI’s RLIBC are not designed or manufactured for use in ANY vape or e-cigarette device.
2. Samsung SDI’s RLIBC are designed for use in power tools and other power products such as laptop computers that incorporate a battery management unit that reduces the risk of thermal runaway.
3. Samsung SDI’s RLIBC are not designed for and should not be handled by ANY individual consumer. Samsung SDI is not responsible for ANY serious injury, property damage, or loss of life resulting from any use of its RLIBC by individual consumers.
4. Samsung SDI did not authorize ANY third parties, including e-cigarette and vape manufacturers, retailers and distributors to sell or use Samsung SDI’s RLIBC for individual consumers as power sources in e-cigarettes or vape devices.
5. Please also refer to statements regarding e-cigarette safety released by the U.S. Fire Administration, the FDA, and the Consumer Technology Association.
Safe usage, storage and disposal
Lithium-ion (Li-ion/Liion) rechargeable batteries/cells can be dangerous when mistreated, damaged,defective or stored incorrectly when not in use.
The customer/user assumes all responsibility associated with their use, charging and discharging and their safe storage and/or transport.
Ecoluxshop, its suppliers or original manufacturers cannot be held liable for injury to person(s) or property or any other form of loss or damage caused by improper use of these products.
- Never carry loose cells – they should be stored securely in suitable case at all times when not in use. (We supply free battery cases with every order).
- Do not short circuit the cell or battery.
- Always use a high quality charger designed for the cells you are charging.
- Never leave a battery charger unattended.
- Never completely discharge batteries. (By allowing the voltage to fall below 2.7v or 2.5v depending on the cell specifications).
- Check all battery wraps and insulators regularly.
- Replace worn / damaged wraps and insulators before further use.
- Do not expose to extreme heat, cold or sudden temperature fluctuations.
- Always dispose of old cells at your local WEEE recycling centre or return them to us for free disposal.
We hold the MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet) and data sheet files for all cells we stock. Please ask if you would like them emailed or included with your order. Please bear in mind that the Data Sheet information is presented in factory format and aimed at accumulator/battery pack builders. The specifications provided are often not attainable in other applications.